Why is personalised medicine important?
by SMEBOOK (admin) · December 13, 2020
Personalised medicine has the potential to transform the current healthcare for good. Below are the reasons personalised medicine is considered to be a great discovery in the field of medicine:
- Precise and Targeted Treatment: Personalised medicine has made a way up from the "one size fits for all" approach offering more personal treatment to patients.
- Effective Drugs: Personalised approach to healthcare has also improved the quality and efficacy of drugs.
- Faster Drug Trials: With personalised approach, it is easy to find the best individual match to conduct drug trials.
- Less Risky Trials: Since the drugs are tailored to suit a particular set of individuals based on their genome, drug trials now have less risk involved.
- Treatment of Deadly Diseases: Many genetically transmitted diseases like Alzheimer and cancers have found their treatment in personalised medicine.