How is Genetic Engineering achieved?
by SMEBOOK (admin) · October 7, 2020
The process of Genetic Engineering involves a five step process:
- Organism's DNA Extraction. In the very first step a sample is taken from the organism containing its DNA. Steps are then carried out to obtain DNA from the sample.
- Gene Cloning: From the extracted DNA, the specific gene of interest is then obtained and cloned to multiple copies.
- Gene Design: The Extracted gene is then restructured and modified with the help of enzymes.
- Transformation: The modified gene is now introduced in some of the cells of host organism using methods like gene gun, agrobacterium, microfibers, and electroporation.
- Backcross Breeding: The genetically transformed host is now crossed with a different line of organism usually elite in order to produce modified off springs which are then repeatedly back crossed to achieve the desired results.
SMEBOOK is reinventing the management of tech companies’ assets by providing a matchmaking algorithm capable of recommending partnerships according to needs and interests.