Types of Biometrics
by SMEBOOK (admin) · October 29, 2020
There are six main types of biometrics that are used to verify individuals identity. These are:
- Face Recognition: This analysis the facial contours of individual to authenticate identity and unlock devices like smartphones and laptops.
- Retina Scan: Another way of biometric identity is the scan of individuals iris.
- Fingerprint Scanner: It captures and analyses finger print patterns.
- Voice recognition: Measures the unique sound waves in your voice as you speak to a device.
- Hand Geometry: Measures and records the length, thickness, width, and surface area of a person’s hand.
- Behaviour Characteristics: Analyses the way you interact with a computerized system. Keystrokes, handwriting, the way you walk, how you use a mouse, and other movements can help assess the individuals identity.